Toggle site contrast Toggle Contract

Help for the vulnerable

What support is available in my area?

two hands holding

Buckinghamshire County Council can provide support with health and wellbeing and also provides services for older people.

If you need support during the pandemic and do not have contacts who can provide help, you contact the Government’s dedicated support service  or call 0800 0288327.

What kind of support will be available ?

The council can coordinate local support and put you in touch with volunteering networks who are able to arrange for practical support such as:

  • Delivery of essential food
  • Collection prescriptions or medication
  • Getting to planned GP or hospital appointments
  • Mental wellbeing
  • Help with daily living

I am supporting a vulnerable relative and concerned what will happen to them if I become ill?

If you are unable to support your relative, and there are no other family or friends to stand in, please contact the council 0300 131 6000. They will link you up with local support.


Support available in neighbouring counties

Herts Help

Call 0300 123 4044 or visit the Herts Help Website

Central Beds Council

Call 0300 300 8900 or visit the Central Bedfordshire Council website