Letter to a loved one
We know how important it is for you to keep in touch with friends and relatives who have to be in our hospitals.
We have set up a dedicated email address email@example.com … so you can send a letter to a loved one.
How it works
- Write your message and include one photograph if you wish to.
- We will print your letter (and photo) out, pop it into an envelope and deliver it to your loved one for them to keep and re-read as they wish.
- We will need your loved one’s full name, date of birth, postcode, and NHS number if you have it.
- Letters received before 10am from Monday to Friday, will be delivered on the day.
- Those received after 10am will be delivered next day.
- Letters received over the weekend will be delivered on the following Monday.
You can send the message as a Word attachment or as a simple email.
If the message is in the email we will copy it and transfer to a Word document.
Photos will be printed in colour and included.
Unfortunately we cannot enter into a discussion via this address.
All letters will be treated as confidential.
If your loved one is unable to open or read a letter, we will ask their permission before opening or reading letters out to them.