Service updates Rheumatology
Rheumatology Patients and Covid-19
Please continue to attend all booked appointments and please seek our help in a medical emergency.
During COVID-19 patients will be contacted directly with information relating to rheumatology appointments, clinics and procedures.
Please check any direct correspondence you receive from the Trust.
We have put together a list of frequently asked questions and answers that you may find helpful Rheumatology Patient Q&As.
You may also find the following resources helpful
Versus Arthritis provides:
- Information on coronavirus (COVID-19) and arthritis
- Information on the risks of COVID-19 and arthritis
For information specifically relating to COVID-19 vaccinations, please check the following useful links:
- Versus Arthritis provides several questions and answers about the vaccination and links to government websites including Green Book, but also directs patients to check with their healthcare professional.
- NASS has advice and guidance on COVID-19 vaccinations for people living with axial SpA (AS)
- NHS England information about COVID-19 vaccine and vaccinations
- Government information for recipients of Pfizer vaccine with patient information leaflet
- Government information for recipients of Oxford AstraZenaca vaccine with patient information leaflet
- Government guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19 – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Age UK information about the vaccine
Please also take a look at our COVID-19 Out Patient leaflet for visiting hospital, which is a short guide for patients visiting hospital for planned appointments.
The guide contains information on what to expect and instructions to help us minimise the risk of infection and ensure your safety.