What to expect if permitted to visit
The visit will need to be arranged in advance and you will be given instructions on where to go and who to ask for on your arrival.
- You should drive, or be driven, to the hospital to minimise the risk of exposure to others, particularly if the household is self-isolating following contact with your loved one.
- Please bring as few belongings as possible. Bags, handbags and electronic devices will not be permitted to minimise the risk of infection.
- You will be provided with appropriate protective equipment by staff and guided on where to clean your hands and how to put on the protective equipment. This may include the wearing of a facemask which must not be touch or removed while visiting the patient.
- Our staff will advise you on how long you will be able to stay with your loved one.
- You will be able to hold your loved one’s hand without the need for gloves but must wash your hands both before and after visiting.
- If not currently self-isolating, you will not be required to self-isolate following your visit, as your risk from virus transmission will have been minimised by appropriate personal protective equipment and hand washing.
- Please follow all instructions given by our staff carefully, they will guide you to remove and dispose of all the personal protective equipment appropriately.
If you have been self-isolating before your visit or have tested positive for COVID-19 you will be advised to continue to wear your facemask until you have left the hospital and have returned home.